After practicing as a Labor & Delivery Nurse for 6 years, and as a Nurse Practitioner for another 6 years in the Ft Lauderdale area, I was disillusioned with the style of care most practice were offering to women. After a long search, I found Reflections OB/GYN and I immediately felt at home. My approach to modern medical care matched seamlessly with Reflections philosophy of:
- Holistic approach to medical problems, with natural options always offered first where efficacious, while keeping the most up to date medical care available if that choice is appropriate.
- To value our patients time and actively schedule patients to keep wait times averaging less than 5 minutes. We also schedule longer appointments, so I have more time to listen.
- Treat all patients, as we would want to be treated; with a friendly patient centric staff, warm cotton robes, real sheets and funky booties for exams, and personal callbacks for all pap smear and mammogram results.
Scope of Practice
- All aspects of office Gynecologic and Obstetrical care.
- I also specialize in:
- o Perimenopausal and menopausal care with natural methods to include Bioidentical Hormones.
- o Low Libido counseling and treatment.
- o Weight Management and PCOS
- o Adolescent Medicine and birth control
Originally from France, Karine Romain, ARNP moved to Florida in 1996 with a background in nutrition, health and fitness. She received her Nursing Degree in 1999 in Miami and gained valuable experience as a Labor & Delivery Nurse for 6 years. In 2007, she received her Master’s Degree and ARNP in Women’s Health from Stony Brook University in New York.
Karine has been Board-certified as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner since 2007.
In 2013 Karine, her husband Nick and their 2 children moved to the Melbourne area and built their dream house in Suntree. Her interests include movies, sports (such as biking, golfing, windsurfing) and enjoying life with their family.